Current:Home > ContactVin Diesel to stay with 'Fast and Furious' franchise after sexual assault lawsuit -Capitatum
Vin Diesel to stay with 'Fast and Furious' franchise after sexual assault lawsuit
Ethermac View
Date:2025-04-06 13:30:13
Vin Diesel's "Fast and Furious" ride isn't over.
Diesel took to Instagram in his first public remarks about his role in the action movie series since a former assistant accused him of sexual assault in a December lawsuit. He said the "Fast" franchise writers and production team's excitement for the saga's final film was "incredibly powerful" in an Instagram post Friday.
"While everyone was heading into the weekend amped and excited, I thought of you all… reminded of the countless moments when your enthusiasm and passion became the driving force behind our creative journey," Vin Diesel said.
"Fast 11" follows last year's "Fast X," the film's tenth movie which starred Vin Diesel as Dominic "Dom" Torreto opposite Jason Momoa. "Fast 11" will mark the final installment in the beloved movie franchise.
"Your commitment to our saga has had a unique impact on its success and evolution… as my youngest daughter would say, it’s profound," the father of three told his 102 million Instagram followers.
Vin Diesel thanked "Fast and Furious" fans for their support in the statement.
"This grand finale is not just an ending; it’s a celebration of the incredible family we’ve built together," he said.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson declares endto Vin Diesel feud, will appear in next 'Fast and Furious'
Vin Diesel lawsuit alleges actor sexually assaulted assistant in 2010 during 'Fast Five' filming
In December, Vin Diesel's former assistant Asta Jonasson alleges that the actor sexually assaulted her the fall of 2010 during the filming of "Fast Five" in a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles in December, according to documents obtained by USA TODAY.
According to the lawsuit, Jonasson was hired by the actor's production company One Race to work for him in various capacities, including organizing and accompanying Diesel to parties and ensuring she was nearby in photos if the actor attended events without his longtime girlfriend.
"We are proud to represent Ms. Jonasson and hold accountable Vin Diesel and those who allowed and covered up his sexual assault. The law exists to protect those who have been wronged, no matter how powerful or famous the defendant is. Sexual harassment in the workplace will never stop if powerful men are protected from accountability," a lawyer from Greenberg Gross, the firm representing Jonasson, said in a statement.
"This is the first he has ever heard about this more than 13-year-old claim made by a purportedly 9-day employee," Freedman said in a statement. "There is clear evidence which completely refutes these outlandish allegations.”
Contributing: Melissa Ruggieri, Bryan Alexander
veryGood! (3321)
Related
- Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
- Nicole Kidman gets gushes from Miles Teller, Zac Efron, on night of AFI Life Achievement Award
- Audit finds Minnesota agency’s lax oversight fostered theft of $250M from federal food aid program
- Entrapment in play as appeals court looks at plot to kidnap Michigan governor
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- Federal Reserve now expects to cut interest rates just once in 2024 amid sticky inflation
- UCLA names new chancellor as campus is still reeling from protests over Israel-Hamas war
- Matty Healy Engaged to Gabbriette Bechtel: See Her Custom-Made Black Diamond Ring
- Bill Belichick's salary at North Carolina: School releases football coach's contract details
- 'American Idol' Jordin Sparks wants a judge gig: 'I've been in their shoes'
Ranking
- Intellectuals vs. The Internet
- Caitlin Clark is part of the culture wars. It's not her fault. It's everyone else's.
- Audit finds Minnesota agency’s lax oversight fostered theft of $250M from federal food aid program
- Sandy Hook school shooting survivors graduating from high school today
- From family road trips to travel woes: Americans are navigating skyrocketing holiday costs
- Ariana Madix Bares Her Abs in Risqué Gold Cutout Dress for Love Island USA Hosting Debut
- Denmark recalls some Korean ramen noodles deemed too spicy
- What happened to the likes? X is now hiding which posts you like from other users
Recommendation
2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
Rhode Island lawmakers approve bill to ban “captive hunting” operations
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Coming Up for Air
The Brat Pack but no Breakfast Club? Why Andrew McCarthy documentary is missing members
Jorge Ramos reveals his final day with 'Noticiero Univision': 'It's been quite a ride'
Miranda Lambert mourns loss of her 2 rescue dogs: 'They are worth it'
Biden campaign calls on GOP to drop lawsuits over mail ballots, citing Trump’s new fondness for it
Emma Heming Willis Celebrates Her and Bruce Willis' Daughter Mabel Graduating With Family Affair